Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU) is recruiting new faculty members with Doctoral degree in all fields. Especially, we are looking for candidates in the following fields: Informetrics (scientometrics, bibliometrics, information science, science of science policy), Geographic information system, Environment, Information technology, Mathematics & Statistics, Economics, Management (Sport, Marketing, Hospitality, International Business), Social Sciences, Law and Pharmacy, Civil Engineering, Industrial Fine Arts, Electronics, Finance and Banking, Accounting, Labor Relations and Trade Unions, Foreign Language…
A. RESEARCH-CUM-TEACHING POSITIONS
Candidates can either be foreigners or Overseas Vietnamese ones. The positions are available on a long-term (at least 12 months) basis with the following conditions:
1.1. Teaching: Scholars and experts are expected to teach at least 02 school subjects with required teaching hours as follows: Lecturer: 12 hours/week; Assistant/Associate Professor: 09 hours/week; Professor: 06 hours/week. One hour is equivalent to 60 minutes.
1.2. Research: Lecturer: at least one paper/year in peer-reviewed journals (English only) published by prestigious publishers and/or institutions; Assistant Professor: one paper/year in journals indexed by Scopus; Associate Professor/Professor: one paper/year in high-impact journals indexed by ISI Web of Knowledge. Monetary award will be given to papers beyond the minimal required one.
1.3. Service: Services with compensation (extra pay or reduction of teaching load) include first level administration position, Head of the department or Head of the faculty (if needed). Services without compensation include: curriculum plan/design/revision, slides and teaching materials preparation; internship arrangement, student employment support, recruitment of international students for the department/faculty; industrial connection to seek projects and fund; student affairs, international affairs, organizing or supporting conferences; searching for scholarships for lecturers and students, establishing research group, finding and introducing scholars and experts to work for the faculty, etc.
Every year, foreign scholars and experts receive performance evaluation from students, departments and the university. Based on the evaluation results of teaching, research and service, an extension of contract or salary increase will be determined.
2. SALARIES AND BENEFITS
2.1. For scholars and experts working under long-term contract (at least 12 months):
· Salary will be paid monthly for 09 months of a school year (the remaining 03 months without pay include Lunar New Year recess and summer holiday recess). In the first year, monthly salary before tax: Lecturer: 1,800 USD, Assistant/Associate Professor: 2,200 USD; Professor: 2,500 USD. After one year, monthly salary can be increased 0% - 20% depending on the performance evaluation and contributions to the University;
· On campus accommodation, personal office, airport pick-up and drop-off, health insurance, yearly airplane ticket (round trip) will be decided depending on their contribution to the university and the performance evaluation.
2.2. For scholars and experts working under short-term contracts or visiting scholars:
· A working plan associated with a faculty/institute/research group should be approved in advance by the University. The duties may include some of the following tasks: giving lectures, co-organizing conferences, research cooperation, publishing ISI/Scopus papers, graduate supervision , etc;
· Living expense: 500,000 VNĐ/day/person; and personal income and other fees are negotiated based on the declared outcomes in the working plan;
· Guest-house room on campus and well-equipped working office;
· Airport pick-ups and drop-offs;
· If needed, TDTU will assign staff in suitable time to help scholars and experts to learn more about the country and its people (once every 02 months).
B. RESEARCH-ONLY POSITIONS
The positions are available for all candidates regardless their nationalities and on a long-term (at least 12 months) basis with the following conditions:
· The main task is to do research and to publish papers in journals indexed by ISI/Scopus (or to file international patents for applied research);
· Some scientific services such as industrial connection to seek projects and external funds; organizing or supporting conferences; finding and introducing scholars and experts to work for the University’s faculties;
· Teaching is encouraged and additional income for this is given.
· Join or establish new research groups funded by TDTU; the list of TDTU’s current research groups is at “http://demasted.tdt.edu.vn/index.php/en/research/research-groups”.
2. SALARY/RESEARCH FUNDING:
· For full-time positions: Depending on the annual registered-research outcomes and research-track record of a researcher, his/her salary can be higher or lower than that of the above positions;
· For part-time positions: The funding level is granted based on published outcomes;
· Additional research funding can be given by the research foundation of TDTU: “http://fostect.tdt.edu.vn/index.php/en/”.
C. APPLICATION PACKAGE
1. Cover letter;
2. Resumé with up-to-date education background, work experience and academic activities. It is noted that only applications with good research-track records are considered; the following references should be taken into account:
· The current professorship criteria of TDTU: http://demasted.tdt.edu.vn/index.php/en/vacancies/362-procedure-and-standards-for-professorial-appointment-and-promotion-at-the-ton-duc-thang-university. Please notice the deadline for the professorship and submit the application before 30/05/2017.
· For research positions,
· Full-time candidates: At least 02 main-author-ISI papers or at least 04 main-author-Scopus papers for the fields of Social Sciences and Economics; At least 04 main-author-ISI papers for other fields,
· Part-time candidates: At least 01 main-author-ISI papers or at least 02 main-author-Scopus papers for the fields of Social Sciences and Economics; At least 02 main-author-ISI papers for other fields.
3. Diploma(s) and certificate(s);
4. Two recommendation letters; one from previous employer or professional colleagues, and the other from personal friends.
To apply or to seek further information, please contact:
Department for Management of Science and Technology Development (DEMASTED) or Research Affairs, Ton Duc Thang University
Address: A303, 19 Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Phone number: +84 8 37755037; Fax: +84 8 37755055
(Dr. Ut V. Le, Director)